Are you looking to take your fitness to the next level?
Total Physiocare is proud to present the Total Fit class, running out of our Kew clinic at 6pm on Thursday nights.
Want to know if this class is the one for you?
- Do you have goals of getting faster, stronger and fitter?
- Do you want to take the next step in your fitness?
- Do you feel unsure what higher-level exercise is appropriate for you?
- Do you have previous injuries that make you question your exercise choices?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then Total Fit might be for you!
Classes are based around the principals of resistance training but incorporate a combination cardiovascular and resistance exercises. The Australian Physical Activity guidelines recommend Australian adults participate in resistance training 2-3 days per week.
The benefits of resistance training are bountiful and include:
- Improved muscle strength and tone.
- Improved flexibility & joint mobility
- Decrease risk of falling through improving balance.
- Weight management
- Prevention or control of chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, back pain, depression and obesity.
- Pain management and injury rehabilitation.
- Improved posture.
- Decreased risk of injury.
- Increased bone density and strength and reduced risk of osteoporosis.
- Improved sense of wellbeing and mental health
- Improved sleep
- Increased self-esteem.
Total Fit utilises a range of resistance training equipment including free weights, weights machines, TheraBands, cardiovascular equipment and Pilates equipment. Each one-hour class combines a variety of exercises that target a combination of strength, power, and endurance goals for a full body workout!
Total Fit classes are run by our experienced physiotherapists, who will carefully monitor your technique and ensure you are challenged each and every session.
If you are interested in starting your journey with Total Fit, give us a call at (03) 9883 3291. New clients to our clinic can book an initial consult for a full assessment prior to joining, where we can identify your specific needs. Existing clients are appropriate to join with a referral from their Total Physiocare or Total Care practitioner.
El-Kotob, R., Ponzano, M., Chaput, J. P., Janssen, I., Kho, M. E., Poitras, V. J., … & Giangregorio, L. M. (2020). Resistance training and health in adults: an overview of systematic reviews. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, 45(10), S165-S179.
Claudino, J. G., Afonso, J., Sarvestan, J., Lanza, M. B., Pennone, J., Filho, C. A. C., … & Ramirez-Campillo, R. (2021). Strength training to prevent falls in older adults: A systematic review with meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Journal of clinical medicine, 10(14), 3184.
Fragala, M. S., Cadore, E. L., Dorgo, S., Izquierdo, M., Kraemer, W. J., Peterson, M. D., & Ryan, E. D. (2019). Resistance training for older adults: position statement from the national strength and conditioning association. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 33(8).